Golf Club Golf Club Stupinigi
For those who eat golf and motors, the Stupinigi club is a must. Since 1953, the greens of the cars produced in the neighboring Mirafiori plant, the oldest in Europe, from the then Fiat 1100 to the current Maserati Levante and Alfa Romeo MiTo can be heard on its greens.
Born as a driving range, today it has nine holes, completed in the seventies by the first president Lauro Beltrame, which wind through the houses built to house the workers at the time of maximum industrial expansion and the engine and gearbox assembly plant. Incredibly among so much cement a green lung of 14 hectares and over 10,000 plants of 150 different species has survived, frequented by many golfers and even more ... squirrels now perfectly at ease among bags and trolleys.
The circle is completely inserted in the urban context of the city of Turin, and can be easily reached both from the motorways and from the center following the large tree-lined avenues, even with public transport that has a stop right in front of the entrance to the camp.
The convenience of access, together with the high standard of the driving range, where practically every Turin golfer has passed to bless his swing by professionals such as Alfonso Angelini, Marius Menagli, Pippo Calì and above all Dino Canonica, still active today and father of the recordman of drivers of the European Tour, it makes it a very popular circle.
It is not very long, but very technical, it is ideal for those who want to become familiar with the bunker and the precision of the irons, given the looming out-of-bounds between houses and children. slightly wavy greens protected in season also by the branches of the trees.
Share this Golf club