The Golf Club Bologna was founded by Count Achille Sassoli de' Bianchi and on April 28th, 1959 it was established thanks to its 28 founding members. The Project of the Course was commissioned to the famous study of English architects Cotton & Harris and the latter personally directed the work for the realization of the Golf. The first nine holes were opened on June 1st , 1961.
The following nine holes (1964) were made by the Company of Eng. Enzo Mantovani, according to the initial design by Architects Cotton & Harris. The same was for the Club House (1965) designed by Eng. Montini, with the pool and all kinds of accessories.Work continued gradually because none wanted everything at once (according to the principle of Achille Sassoli de Bianchi) and to date the improvements to the course (the last directed by Arch. Peter Alliss) and infrastructure have been several and significant both from a technical and aesthetic point of view.
Golf Club Bologna
Via Sabattini 69 | 40050 Monte San Pietro (BO)
Write us an email